To provide skilled, compassionate healthcare and counseling to the medically disadvantaged in a manner that honors the name of Jesus Christ.
A community with access to loving healthcare, wellness and hope.
Applicants must align with our Mission and Vision and sign a statement of faith.
email or mail to: Lackey Clinic1620 Old Williamsburg RoadYorktown, VA 2369
Current Position Openings: Optometrist, Dentist, Dental Assistant
Position is responsible for educating patients on importance of oral health and its relationship to systemic health; performing dental procedures; and documenting work performed.
1. Perform fillings, extractions, oral exams, radiographs, and charting of all pathology, including pertinent information of a medical nature and determining treatment plan for patients; Treat any affected gums, evaluate x-ray images, write prescriptions as needed;
2. Educating patients on prevention and any indicators of underlying health issues;
3. Maintain dental patient files, keep all equipment functional and clean and identify repair/replacement needs;
4. Refer patients to other dental/medical care as needed;
5. Participate in required dental audits and evaluation of service provision, serve as member of committees as required and coordinate with Volunteer department for volunteer dental professionals;
6. Other duties as needed/required.
Supervises Hygienists and Dental Assistants, as well as any dental volunteers performing at Lackey Clinic.
Education: Requires DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) degree. Must have current active Virginia Dental License and DEA Registration number; CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
Knowledge: Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment and clerical techniques in a medical setting; knowledge of dental equipment and care, medical terminology and telephone triage.
Skills/Abilities: 8 hours on Wednesdays. Ability to teach/speak with patients regarding dental care and prevention; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with dentists, doctors, nurses, other coworkers, volunteers and the public. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
May require long periods of sitting or standing; appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn while administering dental treatments.
Requires dental degree and 2+ years of experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience providing knowledge and skills listed above. Experience in a graduate intern program or general dental practice with an emphasis on oral surgery is a plus.
Purpose of Position:
To increase the efficiency of the Dentists to deliver the best quality oral health care to patients with a Christ-like attitude.
1. Chair-side assisting dentists with dental procedures
2. Sterilization and set up rooms for patients
3. Sterilization of instruments and Equipment maintenance
4. Restocking and ordering supplies
5. Scheduling appointments, calling patients
6. Communication: translating, providing instructions, reassuring patients prior to treatment.
7. Chart treatments provided by dentists.
8. Taking and developing dental x-rays
Training and Supervising volunteer assistants
Education: Must be Dental Radiology Certified
Knowledge: Must be knowledgeable in current dental assisting practices and procedures. Knowledge of Dentrix and Dexis software, taking and processing x-rays, proper sterilization techniques, 4 handed dentistry, correct safety for handling syringes
Skills/Abilities: Must be able to work minimum of 8 hours on Wednesdays with the possibility of additional hours on another week day. Ability to work with all levels of employees, management and patients, ensuring a safe workplace. Must have initiative and be able to work independently. Front office experience is a plus. Spanish speaking preferred.
Bending, standing, leaning over and reaching while sitting
2+ years of dental assisting experience.